The best way to use stale bread. It’s zingy, vibrant and reminds you of summer just to look at.
If you are having a brunch, want a light lunch, want a side salad for your main, this is it. It’s fresh, bright and zingy. The best part is, the ingredients are what we always have at hand, few fresh and few refrigerator staples. I have added some pumpkin seeds for a good mood crunch, but that’s totally optional.
Ingredients : Serves 2 – 4
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 English Cucumbers
- A handful of Basil Leaves
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 cup Baked Croutons
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Prep the Baked Croutons . Slice the red onions into half moons. Chop vegetables into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl combine the dressing ingredients – olive oil, mustard, vinegar, chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- In a wide bowl add the vegetables, basil and half the croutons and toss with the dressing.
- Just before serving add the rest of the croutons, pumpkin seeds and few fresh basil leaves.
- Replace apple cider vinegar with red wine vinegar if preferred.
- Croutons can be made ahead and stored in an air tight container.
- Pumpkin seeds can be replaced or omitted.
- Coriander works too very well here.
Summer in a bowl !